I hope this post finds all of you and your pets doing wonderful so far in 2018!!!
With the summer approaching, it got me thinking about dogs and their health. Cooler temperatures that are common this time of year, have us staying indoors more often. The importance of making sure our pets are warm and safe, this time of year, is crucial but we often forget how bad they need their exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Though we are fortunate here in Florida with our tropical winters, it is still important that we don’t forget to get our pets the exercise they need. Don’t overlook your dog’s health.
According to WebMD, a lack of exercise can result in many complications with your pets especially dog health.
Problems That Result from Lack of Exercise and Play
Dogs can be a lot like children when it comes to their energy and behavior. When not given constructive options to handle their energy they end up exerting it in ways that are not always good for you or your pet. Dog health is something we often overlook. These behaviors might include…
- Chewing, digging or scratching
- Garbage raiding
- Hyperactivity, excitability and night-time activity
- Excessive predatory and social play
- Play biting and rough play
- Attention-getting behaviors like barking and whining
In addition to behavior issues, health hazards such as obesity can result from a lack of exercise.
Benefits of Exercise and Play
The good news is that keeping your dog healthy, happy and out of trouble with daily exercise is a lot of fun and provides many benefits, including:
- Helps to reduce or eliminate the common behavior problems listed above, such as digging, excessive barking, chewing and hyperactivity
- Helps to keep dogs healthy, agile and limber
- Helps to reduce digestive problems and constipation
- Helps timid or fearful dogs build confidence and trust
- Helps dogs feel sleepy, rather than restless, at bedtime or when you’re relaxing
- Helps to keep dogs’ weight under control
Retrieved from WebMD at https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/exercise-dogs#1
With your pet’s health heavy on my heart, I have decided to offer a huge special on my dog walking services.
I am offering my 5 day work week walk for half price (regularly $85/ week) for an entire month with all 6 month sign ons and 2 months at half price for 12 month sign ons!!!
Please call for more information!!!!